"Every little thing, every little thing, your love is all I see. Every little thing, every little thing, you make me feel complete. All the little things, all the little things can wait until tomorrow. Every little thing, every little thing, your love is all I need." [Eric Clapton]
Gestures of love can change a person's life. Every little thing you do makes a difference! A unique gift, handcrafted specifically for someone is a beautiful gesture of love.


Sunday, April 27, 2014

It's Prom! It's Graduation! It's Mother's Day!

It's all of the above!

I am running about two weeks behind on the new Monkey & Scooter web pages, but it's not because I have been sitting on the sofa popping Bon Bons and watching soaps! (Well, the Bon Bon popping, maybe......) But this weekend, I am trying to get some items onto For Your Love for the first time!

 
I have been working on some cool ideas for graduation and Mother's Day gifts! Over the last couple of weeks, Facebook has been covered with beautiful prom pictures, posted by proud mamas, grandmamas and aunts. Last year I made some glass ornaments with mother-daughter pictures from weddings, one of my own Princess' wedding pictures of her and Prince Charming, and babies' first portraits. I thought, "well, why not take some of these prom pictures and pictures being used on graduation annoucements (those new ones that everyone is now using) and make ornaments with those?" They would be great gifts for parents and grandparents, some grads might even like them!

Here is the first one I did using a prom picture. I am still working on one using a graduation announcement picture and some school monograms.



Here are a couple of wedding picture ornaments, as well. My Princess and her Prince Charming are included along with my friend and her daughter on her daughter's wedding day.
I just had to throw this one in. It's the very first glass ornament I made. It's of the best grandmother that ever lived! My Mama Shofner at her 80th birthday celebration. She lived almost 2 decades after this picture was taken.

Here is an ornament for a mother of a grad. I used the picture the grad's uncle took to use on his graduation announcements.


This is a private school's monogram, in school colors with some sparkly blue sticks in the bottom:



And finally, for those graduating from the home of the NCAA National Football Champs complete with feathers!:








Stay tuned for more glass balls/suncatchers using graduation pictures and school monograms!

If you need cards to go with these unique little gifts, check out For Your Love!

And please keep checking back with Monkey & Scooter to see evolving pages!

No comments: